Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wedding review #1

There were only two things that I love about my wedding. Not that hate them all, it's just that they were the ones that I'm most satisfied. First is the wedding attire; both for the akad nikah & reception and the other one is the hantarans.

So here it goes:-

1) Solemnization - 15 January 2011, 10.30 am

Designed by my mother. It was inspired by a dress she saw at a laundry at Bangsar Shopping Centre. She fell in love with the dress the moment she saw it. She took lots and lots of pictures over the dress. I can see how "in love" she was with the dress.

I didn't go for any professional wedding designers to design my wedding attire. I don't see the point of hiring one which will cost me arms and legs just to do a dress that can only be worn once for the next million of years. I decided to hire a dear cousin of mine who is very talented in making wedding attires and is able to fulfill the needs of having a very nice dress that I can wear on my akad nikah. For the record, he is a responsible beads-sewer for one of the top wedding designer in Malaysia. And with that, I am confident with his taste and workmanship.

We went for materials hunting and believe it or not, with the connection he has with Jakel's management team, we got all materials for 50% discount or more for all materials bought. Dirt cheap.

After months of waiting, he made my akah nikah dress a reality. I fell in love with the dress even when it was 50% completed; where no beads and what not on the dress. I love the simple cutting and the detailing. Very neat! I love how the dress shaped nicely with my body. I love love the dress.

He altered the selendang-cum-veil that was used during my engagement and add in more beads to make it looks lovelier. And for the record, he sewed it with his own bare hands without any help from the sewing machine. *tabik spring*

I thought of keeping the dress for my future daughter *chewahh* to be worn on her akah nikah, Insyallah. But that is just an angan-angan. Kak Zue, a wedding consultant has asked whether I am selling the dress but I said No. I'm not planning to sell the dress not rent it out. I'm keeping it for the usage of my future children. Wah! But the selendang-cum-veil is on sale. I'm renting the veil out. Price is negotiable.



2) Reception - 15 January 2011, 8.00 pm


I was flipping one of the Pengantin magazines and saw a very long dress that catches my heart. I grab a paper and designed a dress instantly. I then send it to the responsible person to ask whether she is able to make a new dress that look similarly to what I have designed. Lebih bagus kalau dia boleh buat sebijik-sebijik. I wanted the same color scheme as per picture above and Alhamdulillah, she managed to make the dress as per requested. I was trilled when I saw the dress during the first fitting session. I was praying hard for the dress to turn out to be as what I expected. I got to see the dress only days before my wedding day and boy, how happy I was when I saw it hanging by the closet. It doesn't look nice there hanging without a body in it. But it looked perfectly nice when I started wearing it; at least for me I think it is!


Isn't it lovely? *baik kau cakap yes!*


All in all, I'm most satisfied with these two attires that I had on my wedding. It's very simple and very ME! I do not have to spend a dim on it. It was beyond my expectations and both of them were on a reasonable price. Syukur Alhamdulillah.

Oh, please excuse the facial expression I have there. I know I look ugly in the picture.

Thanks to Abg Adek for the baju nikah. I've helped you to get more business, jangan lupa commision lepas ni kita bincang belakang kira and to Kak Zue and team from Jez Wedding for the lovely decorations. Your services were very much appreciated! Memang best!

Will write on the hantarans soon as I am now back in the office and work doesn't permit me to even log in to Facebook. Grrr.

Happy day ahead people!

2 comments:

r.o.w said...

Tahniah ajlaa! semoga kekal ke anak cucu

Ajlaa Azam said...

Amin =) terima kasih roslee