Monday, June 3, 2013

Family weekend food feast

Last April, I received a confirmation letter on my promotion. Alhamdulillah, syukur sangat. All my hard work paid-off. And on top of that, the company decided to give everyone some "token of appreciation". Walaupun tidaklah sebanyak mana but syukur sangat with the rezeki. Rezeki Iman semuanya.

So I decided to share the good news with my family. Kalau nak belanja makan only few people je boleh merasa plus not all restaurant can cater large crowd. Since I can only gather most of my family members during school holidays, restaurant is not the right place to go. Maka terciptalah idea untuk membuat barbecue di kampung halaman. The space is there, well-equipped to do barbecuing and definitely able to cater large crowd. 

Fixing the right date is super difficult - husband is working over the weekend, mother is not available on Saturday, kakak is busy with her own activity and I'm not available due to classes. Akhirnya, we picked 2 June (Sunday) where everyone is free and available.

Busu (the youngest Aunt) prepared the marinated chicken & beef (super delicious) while mom with her signature dishes - steamboat, chinese fried rice, fried kuey tow, pengat kacang and Paklong with her all time fav - marinated lamb. Alhamdulillah for the food!


My picture doesn't do justice. We had a lot of food on the table but I only managed to capture these only sebab busy melayan si kecil Iman. She was the excited one sampai tak tidur langsung seharian.

The food was delicious. Being able to share with the family is satisfying. Looking at those full-satisfied-tummy is purely happiness.

Alhamdulillah, I'm able to share it with those who matter. Bersedakah jariah among family members lebih afdal plus boleh mengeratkan silaturahim makan kongsi ramai-ramai.

I had a fun weekend and I hope you too!

Have a fabulous Monday peeps!

No comments: