Sunday, June 8, 2014

An open letter to the airlines

Dear MAS, Firefly, Air Asia and Malindo Air,

For all the promos that you are currently having - having special airfare deals specially for this coming festive Raya season, it is very disappointing to see that none of your deals are offered during the critical week towards Hari Raya which is the final week before Hari Raya (20 July - 27 July 2014). 

Strategically, as a customer - and yes, I am a frequent flyer of all of your services, I believe this is a wrong way to do as most of us - the last minute travellers will need to purchase our tickets balik kampung at a very last minute. And I can assure you, these last minute travellers are the majority flyers. 

For your information, unlike others, I do not have the privilege to do an early online ticket purchase. You may think that I was "stupid" for not purchasing the ticket earlier like most of your customers did during your many many special deals. We, my husband and I, don't have the privilege to plan our holidays in advance due to our nature of work. Hence why, we always purchase our tickets balik kampung for raya when it is closer to the date.

I have been consistently checking on the fares to Alor Star for the past few days but sadly, it costs more than flying to Krabi or any other Southeast Asia countries.

I hope you will re-evaluate your fares especially during the peak week of the festive season allowing people like me to get the change to purchase our tickets balik kampung. It is ridiculously expenses for the return fares to Alor Star amounting RM1K++ for an adult with a child.

Thank you so much for your understanding. I hope to see a good news coming out from either one of you in this coming weeks.

Salam and Regards,
A concern flyer.

No comments: