Saturday, April 22, 2017

The end of maternity leave


Pejam celik, pejam celik, this week is the final week of my 3 months maternity leave. Macam sekejap naw rasanya. Not going to lie but I am actually looking forward to be back to work. 3 months is a very long time for me. I went kuku (seriously, not lying). Nasib baik tak ambik 6 months leave. Boleh jadi gila kot!

But I miss being around my babies. I miss doing house work. I miss being a stay-at-home-mom. I learned a lot while staying at home. I give my full respect to all SAHMs. You guys are so amazing. Memang tak menang tangan. Bangun pagi je dah ada benda nak buat. I wake up very early in the morning to pump. Then, I get Iman to get ready for school. Dengan Iman je akan berperang 1 jam nak settle dia sampailah dia keluar rumah, naik kereta dan pergi sekolah. Lepas tu baru I have time for my breakfast itu pun if Irdina tak bangun. Things will be out of hands bila both of them decided to bangun secara berjemaah. Dengan mana nak uruskan dulu. Siapa nak mandi dulu. Siapa yang akan menangis dengan kuatnya. Memang boleh jadi Hulk but then, bila dah settle, the house will become very quiet, sigh!

After that comes all the house chores - jemur kain, kemas bilik, kemas dapur. I usually mandi around 3pm everyday. Life memang macam fixed routine. Petang siap-siap prepare for minum petang for everyone including Iman. Another round of berperang with Iman. Fixed routine. Malam memang rasa penat gila. PENAT GILA! I think maybe because I just gave birth but memang seriously PENAT GILA!.

Don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to going back to work bukan sebab tak nak buat kerja rumah. But I guess, I am the type of person who works not the type yang stay at home. I will have emotional instability kalau duduk rumah lama-lama. I prefer to stay out of the house and still buat kerja rumah bila balik. I prefer that way. But yes, you SAHMs are amazing. AMAZING!!!!

Within this short break, there are 2 most important things that I managed to settle which I plan to write about it satu-persatu. 

  1. Settled PTPTN - will defintiely write about this
  2. Register Iman sekolah darjah 1 - will write about it but not now.
Sangat rasa berbangga especially #1. Macam ringan rasa sebelah tangan.

3 months break has open-up a new life's perspective for me. I can actually save up a lot of my money if I know how to manage my financial expenses. Duduk rumah 3 bulan I managed to decrease my credit card amount. Well, kenalah tahan nafsu berbelanja and I am pretty much determine now to reduce it even further. Kalau boleh I want to just keep it to pay up my monthly insurance bill and duit minyak. Lain-lain perbelanjaan guna duit gaji - kalau ada duit beli, takda duit duduk diam-diam. I need to start saving again. Dulu simpan duit lepas tu keluar. Not sustainable at all. Now, it has to be more sustainable. Again, tahan nafsu berbelanja. I have 2 kids now. Handbag mahal tunggu bonus *teehee*

So yes, goodbye SAHM, hello Corporate World.

No comments: