Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday thoughts

I was doing the usual room cleaning today when it occurs to me that 2010 will be the last year of me living my single hood. As in today for the next years, I'll be having someone with me, trying to build a life together, Insyaallah and hopefully it will be the one that I'm going to live with forever.

While browsing through the internet, looking for potential what-ever-nots, I crossed over blogs of bride-to-be(s). Yes, not one but several of them who created a blog just to post about their wedding/engagement preparations. There were those who were being skeptical on how their reception will turned out to be. There were those who concerned on what kind of hantaran they should give. And there were also those who were busy sketching their own wedding dresses and color to choose on to collaborate with their wedding theme. And I stopped browsing immediately.

Honestly, I wasn't ready to start looking for stuffs for my wedding, not just yet. 9 months is still a long way to go, for me that is. But the truth is, 9 months can past with just a blink of an eye. But I'm still not up to it. Not to say that I'm not excited of my wedding. It's just that I'm more excited to live my life after the wedding. I wasn't interested to talk about my hantaran. Not even to Mr. Fiance. Everytime he started talking about what to get, when to buy stuffs, where to get it all done; I quickly change the topic to something rather interesting than discussing about hantaran.

Isn't it weird?! Usually, girls go crazy for their wedding preparation. But in my case, it is the other way round. The other half is even excited to talk about the preparation compare to me. I found it rather weird. Well, I guess when the time comes, I'll be crazy talking about it. But right now, lets just keep it to the low.

In 9 months time, I have to be fit to lead my own life. There's another person that I have to look after. There's another plate on the table that I need to get it ready for. There's another pair of clothes that I need to put into consideration. My bag is double the size from what I have now. I can't just think about myself anymore. And the bag will be getting bigger by time. I have to be ready for it. I have to be fit to face all that.

It's the life after marriage that I have to be ready for not the preparation. I have to be a wife to a husband and still maintain the relationship with my family. I have a reputation of being his parents' daughter-in-law and keep a good relationship with his side of family. I have more hearts to care off and not just mine. And by time, there will be more responsibilities that I have to carry.

It's a beautiful thing, if you look it on the positive side. I will be having a real kampung (for the fact that my current kampung is just 30 minutes away from the city) because his side of the family is all in Kedah. I have someone to share my ups and downs; happiness and sadness all my by self and most importantly, I have a husband now! Someone to share my love with.

I have 9 months left to enjoy my single hood to the last sip. I have another 9 months to get myself ready for a new adventure. And I have another 9 months to go before having a new last name (heh!). I'm all excited for it! For that 9 months in the future, Insyaallah.

But for now, lets just keep things to the low.

No comments: