Sunday, March 28, 2010

My sister adalah Kakak ku

When I first told her that I'm getting engaged, well, I don't exactly remember telling her, it was my mother who was happily spreading the news. But I remembered showing her the ring (we have no intention of getting engaged at that time. Mr. Fiancee bought it as an attempt of proposing at first) but she didn't approved. She was being historical about how expensive a wedding can be, how massive a wedding preparation can bring and whatnot. Pendek cerita, she didn't approved of the idea of getting married/engaged where I, at that time was just showing her the ring with no intention of getting engaged within that period of time. She was being paranoid with the idea (I figured because of the ring, hah!). And that is the reason why I don't want to tell her about the news.

Kakak is known to be someone very dramatic. Comparing myself with her, she nailed it the most. Everyone (including her) figured that I'll be the first to be walking on the aisle and she even confessed that she's ready to face the day when it comes. Unfortunately for her, the day is about to shine soon. And she panicked. I can totally understand her situation. She's 28 with the hobby of log in into Microsoft Outlook most of her time, spending most hours in the 17th floor, earning a great sum of moo-lah and enjoying her life the way she wants it to be; to be facing with a situation that her adek is getting married soon. She panicked.

When I was preparing for my engagement, she made a statement which I expected her to make. She said sorry for not being able to help with the preparation because it was a new thing for her (as what she said) but the only thing that she can offer is being the helper during the day itself which she was but knocked out right after the day ended for helping so much (please see all her pictures in my FB for evidence with baldi in hand). I don't mind at all.

Today, while we were watching Kardashian on E! (with her doing her Microsoft Outlook routine) she came to me with all these wedding cards and all prepared. She visited a wedding exhibition which I clearly have no idea with her bestfriend who is about to get married about the same time as mine yesterday and did all the surveying. She shown me which and which to choose from; from a wedding planner to a make up artist to I don't know what. She shown me all. She talked and talked unstoppably while me just sat at the sofa looking at her without glazing my eyes. What happen to my sister?

I wasn't planning to start thinking about the wedding preparation not till hmm, till my senses say so. I was pretty occupied with workloads I think of starting to sort the dos and don't-s when I actually have the time. To be honest, I was planning to start doing the preparation in mid May or June. But with all the prep talk kakak was making, she has officially freaking me out!

She kept on saying that I have to start surveying now. She kept on reminding me to look for stuff now. So yeah, she freaked me out!

So I guess, I really have to start sorting things from now on. Well, for the first step, reception venue is already confirmed! And I'm pretty happy for getting the place. Alhamdulillah. Will not talk about it now but I've come to my conclusion. Due to the confirmation of venue, the family is now on the hype of preparing the wedding. As so I figured!

I just hope that everything runs smoothly as planned, Insyaallah.

No comments: