Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chronology

Zero year - Was in 2005. Contacted through phone conversation ONLY. Never interested to know who the other person is. Became friends but not so close. He on the other hand was in the midst of getting himself cleared with the current girlfriend. Was in a mess but somehow I was his shoulder to cry on or more or less the person who kept on advising him to leave that particular girl at that time (Truth be told, I can't handle miseries that's why I convinced him to leave the girl instead). Were closer and discovered that we actually went to the same institutions (matriculation & university) but somehow did not bump into each other. Met for the first time few months later caused by his brother's administration into UM. Became closer each day.

First year - Was still in the "in-love" mood. Since we studied at the same institution, we met almost everyday. Friends were shocked (obviously) and I on the other hand did not believed myself for getting into this relationship. Still, wasn't being really sure with the relationship itself, I thought it was somehow some thing that won't last long.

Second year - Managed to stabilize the relationship. We were tested on our patience and beliefs. He met with an accident. This was the year where I discovered myself that, this particular person who was at that time laying on a hospital bed is the person that I'm going to hold on too for the rest of my life. It was something that hit me at that time to even say such thing and it was convincing.

Third year - Was the year where we were first enrolling with a long-distance relationship. He graduated and migrated to Kuala Lumpur to start off a career whereby I on the other hand still stuck in Penang, struggling to complete with my degree. It wasn't easy especially when we were apart. We used to meet each other, we used to go out on weekends but this was the year that taught us to become stronger and believe with each other.

Forth year - Was the toughest. It was a hell of a year. It didn't started off pretty well and I at some point thought that it was coming to an end. Was the toughest.

Fifth year - Today, that particular same person I met 5 years ago is my fiancee. He was the first person who taught me to believe in love. He was the person who I convinced myself to always hold on too. Though we have our differences, but somehow, those differences make us come closer. A friend once said that our relationship was in a terrible mess. And I told that friend that the "mess" we made was meant for us to clean it up. And with that "mess", we come to know that this is what we opt for. What we have is nothing close to perfection but it is something very special for me to have in my entire life. No one would understand it, no one!

And with this, my dear Muhammad Izwan Md. Zubit, Happy fifth anniversary. I know I may not be the person that you always wanted. I know I've caused you trouble. I know, I am not the girl of your dream but thank you. Thank you for still believe in me, in us! Thank you for being the most patient. Thank you for being the love of my life. I've lost you once and I know now that it is you who I want to spend the rest of my life with, Insyaallah. Love you much.

1 comment:

baizurah abdullah said...

i think u should add ur wants and needs list: i got engaged :P