Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It is still a place you call HOME

Saw this while having breakfast this morning. For a man like him, who consistently writes everything against his country (economically, systematically, the people in general and whatnot), I was surprise to read what he wrote. I know nothing about the writer. Therefore, I am not judging for the person he is but it caught my eyes every time he published his writing. He claimed to be different from the others. He claimed that we are too conservative and he's not and he claimed that everything is unacceptable; as in Malaysians in general. Oh btw, he's a Malaysian who studies overseas for a Master's Degree. I also believe that he is an intelligent person (pursuing Economic for a Master's Degree, weyh!)

But after all the proclamations, he still feels that Malaysia is HOME.

I don't agree with most of his writing. Well, to some he is a genius; for being able to write something out from the box. For being able to condemn (I shall say) with what ever that happen in the country (oh please, I don't quite agree with what is currently happening too) but for me, he is just being daring but not quite honest with his words. He has a point in each of his sentences but somehow the words generated differently. Expressive he is but, I don't know something just not right.

Well, I don't quite agree with what is actually happening to my country. To Malaysia. It used to feel so safe. It used to be so harmony but nothing is the same now. People are becoming more selfish than ever. People have been damaged by money. They are concerning about their pockets rather than fulfilling the needs of the rakyat. Corruptions, being insensitive with the surrounding, being disrespectful, badan tak tahu malu and whatnot, sangat menyesakan. I feel so disgraceful for calling myself Malaysian. But in the end, we the rakyat ended up being the victim.

After all that have happened, Malaysia is still a HOME for me.

I've not being able to travel far. I've not conquered the world but I see things through different perspectives. They are a lot of things that this country can offer compare to others. Lets not comparing Malaysia with Europe or US or Russia. We are nuts. So lets compare ourselves with the fellow nuts. Take China for instance. They were once conquered by communist. They were once a negara mundur. With a greater population, they developed and now, they can afford to offer US their feet. With determination, China is no longer a negara mundur. And that is what we here should do. Not complaining our shits off.

I was once proud of the system that we have (education, economy and all) but now, I feel pity for the school kids. They have been some confusion in the education system. I feel pity for them.

But despite all that, Malaysia is still my HOME. I wouldn't want to go elsewhere. I wouldn't want to migrate to other countries. If I were given an opportunity to work in the other countries, I would for the sack of experiencing but not migrating. I still feel that Malaysia is my home.

It doesn't matter how many idiots are there conducting my country, it is still my home. Well the idiots will still remain idiots. It is up to us to determine what's right and what's not.

After all, it is my HOME.

No comments: