Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy 3rd Anniversary


No! No! Not my wedding anniversary (not until January 2014 though) but rather 3rd year anniversary for being the employee of the media agency that I'm currently attached with.

I was actually drafting a post on one of the Chinese Muslim restaurant that I visited couple of months back when I realized that today is actually 1st of November which marks the 3rd year of me working with the media agency. 

Wow, time flies very fast. I still remember my 1st day working with the company. Nervous much when I realized that I was the only Malay girl (then, but the Malay population has grown now) working in the company. I thought that I'll be facing difficulties mingling around but it turned our perfectly fine. They respect me as a Muslim - allowing me to perform my prayers when the time comes (my ex-boss even reminded me to go and pray). They treated me like a family. They alarmed me that some of the food that they bought were non-halal hence they can't share it with me. No discrimination among us. They are more than just a colleague. They are like a family to me.

And that is the reason why I stay.

To be honest, there were thousand times where I feel like quitting, joining other media agency. There were thousand times where I complaint about how much I have given up hope with my work - how much I really want to quit. But in the end, I never quit!

Not that I haven't explore my options. In fact, I have been receiving numerous of calls from other agencies for new opportunities. But, I don't feel the need of moving on looking for a new opportunity just yet. There are still a lot of things that I need to learn. I started of with zero knowledge on media planning but because of the interest I have and a good teacher who taught me well, I am who I am today.

Of course, there were the good and bad times especially when you did not deliver and affected your client's reputation but that is how you learn. You learn with your mistakes so that you don't do the same mistakes again. You improve yourself and you develop your skill through it.

Never have I thought that I will stay with a company this long (3 years is lama ok!). But I guess, I will stay for another 1 or 2 years till I completed my Masters at least (I still need the source right, LOL). Who knows I probably stay longer or kerja situ sampai pencen, who knows right?

3 years and a promotion. Not bad huh?!

No comments: