Sunday, May 8, 2016

Corporate vs Agency

Last month, I celebrated my first anniversary with Nestle. It's been great so far - tough, challenging but overall, it's a very good experience.

To be honest, I am still adapting to this whole corporate world thing. It's my first experience working in a corporate world and I must say, it ain't easy. My first 6 years of working experience has been with an agency - local and multinational. The experience was nothing like how it is here in the corporate world. Even though my heart is still with the agency, but I don't think I would want to go back to where I was - to the agency. I've made up my mind long before joining Nestle that this is the way it is now for me. No turning back. Not till I get what I need to get/gain and where I need to be. And I have to be strong in order to stay.

Within this short period of time (yes, 1 year is still short period), I've experienced my ups and downs. I broke down once, end of last year coz I seriously feel that I can't take it anymore. It's mainly because I was working all alone by myself for three months straight and the pressure was overwhelming. I was literally running my department by myself. It was crazy. But all is well now, I hope!

My responsibility is bigger here in the corporate world compared in the agency. In agency, you have no time for politics. It's either you take it or leave it. No hangky-pangky. One's priority is to serve the client. That's the life of a media planner. Unlike here in the corporate world. One just need to know how to play the game.

Well, it is not always bad in the corporate world. There are so many opportunities and room for me to learn and grow. It's the matter of time. I just need to be focus and stay positive.

I'll write more. It's good to be back again here but it is not good to start with negativity. 2016's resolution is to write more walaupun dah nak dekat setengah tahun.

Good night for now.

No comments: