Friday, May 13, 2016

New Milestone, New Adventure

Last year, I did a test-run for Iman by sending her to the school. I failed big time. I have to admit, it was a wrong move all together. The reason I sent her at that time was because my wonderful helper went back to her hometown for 3 months and I was helper-less hence, the decision of sending Iman to the play-school.

Since there was no one to teman her coz everyone was not available - my mother, Izwan and me. Tak kan nak tinggalkan Iman with her atok. So, I sent her for a full day session at school. Morning is the usual schooling hours and noon onwards is merely like a nursery. Obviously, she did not used to the whole idea of being alone in the school, she ended up hating the school so much sampai dengar perkataan "School" pon tak boleh terima. She got sick after a week of this routine and she hated school immediately. Hate! BENCI! TAK SUKA!. My life turned upside down because of this. Alhamdulillah, my helper came back after 2 months of "leave". Pheww....

But the misery does not end there. I had to slowly introduce Iman to the idea of going to school. Because my end goal is for her to start enrolling with the school environment by 2016. Slowly, I have to make her to like to the idea of going to school. Slowly but surely - that's my mantra!

Lama-kelamaan, she started to want to go to school on her own. So November last year, I sent her to Brainy Bunch Wangsa Maju for a play-date. She went there just to play. Alhamdulillah, she liked it!

So in January 2016, she is fully on-board. I was so nervous but it turned out well. My goal of sending her bukan sebab nak Iman pandai ke apa. But to introduce her to schooling environment. To start developing her motor skills. To socialize. Ultimately, kalau nak pergi sekolah untuk pandai is by 6 years old. This is what I believe tapi tak tahu lah parents lain. For me, I don't want to force Iman. Pergi sekolah is for her to get use to the idea nanti dah betul-betul masa untuk sekolah, then barulah sekolah. Get it?




5 months passed and Alhamdulillah, she survived and still going strong.

I write soon on her school experience. Slowly but surely :)

Have a nice weekend peeps.

No comments: