Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sekarang sudah modern

Do you still remember how you were when you're 7 or 8? I don't know about you but 8 was the age where I still carried Barbie dolls in a small backpack whenever I go. I have a number of them in my closet. From the prettiest one to the ugliest barbie one has ever seen, from the longest hair to the shortest. To top my barbie collections, my mom bought us (my sister and I) a gigantic barbie bungalow house to play with. We even played it with our neighbour as he had the male version of barbies.

As I grow older, a year or two, I started to change my interest towards something else. But I do still keep my barbies though. They were like the best friends I've never had. But I stopped playing it in public either carrying it around. Kakak grew up as well and no longer interested in playing barbie dolls with me and the same goes to the neighbour. He's a boy remember? Barbie doesn't make him looked any boy-ish anymore. So I started playing with something else. Something rather interesting.

Roller-blade was introduced to me by a neighbour. Hah! You see, my relationship with my neighbours were like isi dengan kuku. Bila seorang ada mesti yang lain mesti ada. Kawan taman memang rapat begitu. So anyways, roller-blade was the "in" thing that every kid in town most have and I had two pairs. One was a white color roller-blade and the other one was a black with purple-ish pink striped super cool roller-blade. I just have to have two don't ask me why. In fact, I was among the pioneer roller-bladers at Taman Sri Gombak back then. We were among the coolest kid at the area. We played with style, that's for sure. We were the coolest.

Galah panjang, batu seremban, main tiang-tiang, nyorok-nyorok were also among the favourite games I played before entering classes during schooling hours. We were sweating like a pig but it was fun though. Real fun!

I don't see kids nowadays play such games anymore. I was picking up Izwan's younger brother from school and all that I see was them exchanging some data through mobile phones. Transferring songs or a girl's phone number maybe. This is what modernization has caused the younger generations. Very gadget-y.


You see these two boys, they were playing PSP before going to bed. Even while menghisap botol susu, PSP was what glued to his hand. There was a moment where they exchanged their PSPs because the boy with botol susu couldn't find his way in winning the game so he has to seek for his brother's help. Oh btw, these two very lucky boys are my younger cousins whose aged 10 and 6. I was surprise to know that the older brother also owns a mobile phone. How lucky these kids are? I was busy playing around getting my hands dirty main kawen-kawen pondok-pondok when I was at their age while they are busy exchanging video games.

Kanak-kanak dulu tidak sama dengan kanak-kanak sekarang. They missed all the fun that we once had. And by the time I have my own, tak tahu lah apa pulak yang dorang akan main.

No comments: