Sunday, October 30, 2011

Case of Fortunate Event

An aunt from Taiping came last month to hand her eldest son, my cousin's wedding invitation. She was telling how nice the girl was to have waited Firdaus for the longest time and how she never give-up on Firdaus even though he was facing with his own issues then to have supported Firdaus with his therapy and "sickness". She stood by his side all the way for nearly 8 years to see him fully recovered. Alhamdulillah, jodoh mereka sangat kuat, they were solemnized yesterday morning and the wedding reception was held on the same day.

When I saw the card written Normah Salleh as the mother of the bride, it didn't ring a bell at all plus the wedding was held at the hall of my school compound, I was like "wow, sejak bila sekolah kasi buat wedding event?" nor did my aunt inform that her future besan (then!) is the school teacher hence why the wedding will be held there.

Unfortunately, I did not attend the ceremony as my best friend had her wedding reception on the very same day. My parents were there to witness the holy ceremony but were too blur to notice on anything.

To cut things short, Normah Salleh, the mother of the bride is also happen to be my ex-class teacher is now my cousin's mother-in-law.

A small world indeed.

How weird it is to know that your class teacher, who sees all the good and bad side of you (oh, she was my class teacher for two years - form 4 & 5 to be precised! Zaman di mana tahap kenakalan adalah di tahap separa maksima) is now your cousin's mother-in-law. Honestly, I am still in shock!

But if you think about it again, it's actually kinda cool to have your teacher as part of your new extended family - cool in the most awkward way! After all, she's no stranger to you. So, yeah!

On the other hand, my mother found her long lost related cousin at my best friend's wedding who also happen to be her husband's uncle. Another case of fortunate event that happened on the same day, Saturday, 29 October 2011.

2 comments:

farizah zin said...

hahahaha.aku gitau cikgu but then dia kate, biar betoi.menantu dia org taiping.then aku ckp..dunnolah cikgu.ajie ckp mmg cousin dia.hehehe.

dia dok tanye awat bebduak xdtg.hahaha.clueless aku.

Ajlaa Azam said...

a'ahlah. bapak aku kan org taiping. mcm mane nak dtg, cikgu tak ajak pon!! hehe