Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What's goes around comes around

I went to visit a relative last weekend. He went through a major right leg surgery couple of weeks ago and he's now walking supported by the crutches. He's recovery fast, Alhamdulillah but he needs to go through the physiotherapy treatment to ensure that the leg is OK, Insya Allah.

And it made me realized that nothing in this world is permanent. One can be very successful, be at the highest achievement level that he/she can be, recognised by the world, known by thousands of people and very influential. But when the time comes, the time where Allah takes everything that you have, you are nothing! 

Bumi ini bulat. Ada kala kita di atas dan ada kala kita di bawah. Kita tak tahu berapa lama kita akan berada di atas dan kita tak akan tahu bila kita akan di tarik ke bawah. Jadi, kita kena senantiasa beringat bahawa everything that we have/own are all temporary.

Arrogant kills! Selalunya, bila kita berada di atas, kita mula menjadi bongkak and angkuh dengan segala yang kita miliki. Kita lupa orang-orang di sekeliling kita. Kita lupa asal usul kita. Kita mula rasa apa yang orang lain buat semuanya salah which leads to one being uncontrollable over other people's opinion. And we started to hurt people especially the ones closest to our heart.

It's a norm for parents to want to give everything to their children. They want nothing but the best for their children - the best education, the best environment, the best life possible and I'm included. I work hard so that I can give the best life to my children. But nothing in life comes for free. Though I want the best for my children, but I do not want to spoil them with luxurious life. I learned life the hardest way and I want them to experience life the same way as I was so that they will appreciate their life and surroundings more. They will understand the value of life and being more appreciative towards the people that matters the most.

It's heart breaking to see the people that you love the most were not there when you needed them. You have showered them with a good life and yet, they were not there when you needed them.

I know I can be a little bit ignorant sometimes (and stubborn too). Being ignorant just to show how much I hated them for things that they have done and to show my protest which I know is wrong. I have no rights to show such attitude and it's not fair for them the receive such treatment. Though what they did was wrong, it is not my position to punish them. In fact, I should forgive them and pray and hope that one day they'll come clean. 

This visit taught me a new meaning in life. I really need to put aside my ego and learn to forgive more. Because I do not want to loose the people who I love the most. Everything is temporary but family stays forever. Appreciate them more. 

No comments: