Monday, May 12, 2014

Because... I want to travel more

One of the things I want to do before I die is to travel more. I wasn't fortunate enough to visit countries around the world during my younger days because my parents bukanlah dari golongan orang-orang yang berada. But having said that, I am so very fortunate as my parents always bring us to visit states in Malaysia. We have visited all the states in Malaysia except Sabah (because my mother thinks it is not a safe place to visit). Hence growing up, I have set my goal to visit as many countries as possible before I die and to bring my parents along.

I told my husband that even though we are married, that will not stop us from traveling. One of the reason why we got married in the first place was because we want to travel together. Kumpul duit dan kita pergi berjalan bersama. 

I guess Allah is fair to His ummah. I am very fortunate to be working with this company as they always plan for their annual company trip overseas. To date, I have traveled to Bangkok and Melbourne for the company trip. I missed Taiwan three years ago because I was pregnant and hopefully (if I am still with the company) I am able to visit other places during the company trip. 

I put a mark on places I have visited on my TripAdvisor account sebagai pemberi semangat untuk travel more.



Walaupun sedih melihat jumlah tempat yang telah di-visit (compared to other people), but I have to say that these visited places were all self-sponsored. 

Unlike others, they were fortunate to be able to visit other countries because their parents were able to bring them there or cukup pandai untuk belajar overseas (especially in the European countries allowing them to travel within the continent). My traveling plan becomes more personal because I work hard for it. Tak guna duit sponsorship or duit mak bapak. Jadi, sentimental value tu lebih sikit.

I hope I can travel more this year and the years to come sebelum membuat plan untuk menambah anak. Tambah anak expenses pon bertambah.

No comments: