Tuesday, July 19, 2011

6 Months

It's been 6 months since the day Izwan said "Aku terima nikahnya" and I must say that I enjoy every day of my life being a wife though it has not always been on its' brightest but I love each moment that it gives. Benarlah orang kata, bila berumahtangga, rezeki yang datang amat berkat. Rezeki yang datang sungguh tidak disangka-sangka in every possible way.

On top of that, Alhamdulillah, with His blessing, Allah has grant us with an additional member to our small little family. It wasn't part of the plan actually. We never really expect to receive with such gift this fast but last May, the good news came rush in just when I'm about to enter for a client's meeting. I was feeling sick the day before. Knowing me, I felt sick like most of the time. But this time, the feeling was different. My body temperature was like madness for couple of weeks. I thought it was something normal for someone who is as lazy bum as I am to even have a clean shower after work (oh yes, I am very kambing if you must say) but even after having bath, my body still feels the heat.


On one Monday afternoon, the strong instinct of mine was telling me that I might be pregnant for the fact that I can no longer fit my favourite lucky pink work shirt and for having the weirdest dream the night before that I can never explain. I excused myself from the meeting and went straight to Watson which is located next to my office building. I bought the pregnancy kit test. Oh man, it took me more than 30 minutes to decide on which brand I should buy. I took the most expensive one in the name of accuracy (padehal semua pregnancy kit pon sama je). So there I was sitting on the toilet bowl figuring out how to use it. The 2 lines started to appear after 3 minutes of uneasy wait and I couldn't be happier with the results. Told Izwan and we went straight to Gleneagle for comfirmation. I left the office early that day but oh boy, it took us nearly 4 hours for the blood results and Alhamdulillah, I was 5 weeks pregnant then. But due to the tiredness of waiting, the excitement fade away like a flashed toilet bowl.

To my surprise, I still have this "joy stick" of mine in my work bag

And my days started to turn blue and grey after that for at least 8 weeks. I was on a very bad condition. I lost 10 kilos. I even weighted less than I was before married. Was being induced like so many times. Was being in and out the hospital for as long as I can remember. I can't take solid food, I can't drink; not even a glass of warm water. My source of energy was hurmm...nothing and was bedridden for nearly 2 weeks. I can assure you that my KPIs were falling like a bombshell. I was on MC most of May and June. Memang nyawa-nyawa ikan. But I'm glad my husband and family were there for me when I needed them the most. Izwan was being the sweetest for taking care of me. The side of him that I've never seen before. Terharu! I can't even lift my own body what more to do wife's job. He cleans the room, make sure our room is in order, do laundry, fold the clothes and put them in the closet accordingly. He even requested to do his work at home just to make sure that I was ok. Terharu lagi! And my mother was the strongest person I've ever met making sure that I got all the nutrition that I needed. I even had to pray by sitting on a chair coz I can't stand still.

But now, Alhamdulillah, I can say that I'm fully recovered. Gained weight a bit. Baby steps! And I've shown tummy a bit. It's not even visible yet but it's growing. Baby is actively moving at night. I've yet to feel it's movement but due to the double heartbeats that I'm feeling, it's the sign of his/her movement. I'm having hard time sleeping at night though due to his/her activeness and I have to sometimes talk to her/him during office hour to allow me to do work peacefully. So far, he/she has been the most understanding baby I've known (chewahh!) tapi kadang-kadang tuh active juga!

Izwan has been talking a lot with the baby. Every night before sleep. Payah juga nak melayan bapak and anak bersembang. But that's the part and parcel of being a mom right? And it's a good thing. I'm not complaining.

I registered myself with both private and government hospitals. I went to both for check-ups. Obviously, the private hospital is giving me a lot more compared to the government one. We'll see how it goes.

Here are the pictures from the baby scan.

This was taken during the 9th Week. He/She was actively moving when the doctor was scanning. He was dancing-dancing, that's what the doctor said.

And this was on the 12th week. He/She was asleep hence no movement captured. He's healthy Alhamdulillah. That's all I'm asking.

Will be having another round of check-up this Saturday. We'll see how's he/she doing. Excited!

Ok, done with the baby post. Got to continue with client's Competitive Review which high possibilities of me doing it in the morning. I'm honestly tired I even pee-ed on my bed and I'm not even kidding!

4 comments:

baizurah abdullah said...

congrats again! i think it's a boy! :)

Ajlaa Azam said...

Thanks K.Bai tapi what makes you think that's it's going to be a boy?!

the seasonal blogger said...

congrats!! why didnt i discovered ur blog earlier.. such a gem. hehee. over tak ckp u gem padahal baru baca post u sampai poyo bride2be #2 je ;p take care

Ajlaa Azam said...

Thanks nurulhuda for dropping by my blog. Ala, tak lah gem mane pon but thanks again =) *terharu*