Sunday, July 24, 2011

Harimau Malaya

I was never a football fan. The only football match that I'm interested in was during World Cup. 2002 was the starting point. Itu pon sebab nak tengok good looking football players that World Cup was offering. Biasalah, darah muda-mudi tingkatan 5. Good looking football players were the "in" thing back then. Tiada bezanya dengan WC 2006. My sister and I, we were so excited over the good looking players. Not much on the game. And because of that, I started liking Chelsea. And again, it is because of the players. Not on the game. I don't watch EPL/BPL or any of that matter. I bought a Chelsea jersey just because it was cheap in London. I don't really care who wins what. EPL Championship ka, apa ka tidak ada ku kesah. It doesn't really gives any impact to my life. 

But ever since Izwan started working with one of the TV stations as a Sport Journalist, he has been dragging me to most football matches. Eh, takdelah semua, exaggeration saja. But I did tagged along with him on few matches. Mostly the ones involving Kedah FC. The only game I watch was way back in I-don't-remember-when. It was Selangor vs Perak over some championship league. My dad was the responsible one for bringing us to the match. But I remember sleeping on the bench during the game and the rest were history.

Football is not Izwan's main department. He is more on the GP/F1 races but since the sports are seasonal based, he covers football a lot. I guess, that's where I develop my interest over football. And since then, I have not missed any matches involving Harimau Malaya. I don't watch it at the stadium because of safety reason unless if there's anyone kind enough to watch it with me. Izwan is obviously at the media room he can't sit on the bench with me. So, home is where my stadium is.

I get over excited when I watch a game. Any game-lah basically coz I can't stand the stress it gives especially when you watch a game as bad as yesterday's; Malaysia vs Singapura. How weak our defense players were. Imported players and synthetic field can no longer be an excuse over the lost we had yesterday. I got angry and mad over the game like a mad cow even my baby was being hyper over it. Chehh, padahal ibu dia yang excited lebih. But yea, one can be very sad and angry over the silly mistakes that the players made. All 5 goals were able to be saved if the players were more alert. Tapi apa kan daya. It's sad, very sad.

Malaysian football has changed a lot this past few years. They have proved to the nation that they are no longer an underdog or Jaguh Kampung. We've won games that we have never win before. We have the potential of going far. Malaysian football scene is now something that can be proud off. Taklah hebat but ada kemajuan and it's something that we can be proud off. Tapi tuhlah, bila dah berjaya sikit mula lah lupa daratan.

Chehh, I write like a sports critics pulak padahal tak tahu apa-apa pasal sports pon. Sebenarnya nak cakap, anyone is going to Bukit Jalil this 28th to watch Malaysia vs Singapore coz I want to tag along. Izwan doesn't allow me to watch alone. He's working hence can't be with me. Anyone?!

No comments: