Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ramadan ke-3

How's Ramadan for you so far? Mine, Alhamdulillah, today is the third day for me and I hope I'm able to puasa healthily for the next 26 days but on the sad note, I have yet to perform terawih. It's either I reach home late or break fast at the nearby area with Izwan. Since parents are away for umrah, I'm now the responsible wife cooking for her husband and to make sure that my dad's two healthy-fat-cats are feed with ikan kembung rebus. They eat like a lot. Crazy a lot!

But Alhamdulillah, every day is...so far...manageable. I'm allow to leave the office at 5pm everyday during fasting month. But since I'm working on the other side of the world from where I stay, it takes a longer time for me to reach home. I dare not drive during the hour or ask Izwan to fetch me coz boy, the traffic is madness even DUKE highway was bad last couple of days. I rather take the LRT. At least, I can have my quick 45 mins nap in the train. The last time I checked, I reached home at 6.30pm. It was good enough for me to prepare sambal tumis sotong, daging goreng kunyit and fried instant popias mom got me before she left for Umrah as our first day of berbuka meal. But I got very tired at night I fell asleep as early as 9pm hence why I've not been performing terawih yet. Am still adjusting my time so that Izwan and I can berbuka on time and sempat to terawih.

It's a wonderful experience I must say (and tiring too) for the fact that I'm fasting as a wife this year and actually DO wife's job. All these while, mom has been the responsible chef at home. I cook but boleh kira dengan jari berapa kali. Since mom is away for Umrah, I've been cooking every day and I can say that I actually enjoy cooking. Just that, time does not allow me to do so and being pregnant makes you feel tired easily. Oh speaking of which, everyone in the office are not happy with me fasting. They keep on saying that it might harm the baby. Ahh, they are just being too conscious. As long as I take my vitamins every day and eat sufficient food for berbuka and sahur, I should be ok right?! Hey, I'm not going to force myself fasting the whole month, only when my condition permits but so far Alhamdulillah, baby and Ibu are doing fine. I don't want to make pregnancy as an excuse for me to not to berpuasa. As long as both mommy and baby are healthy and in good condition, I don't see the point of not berpuasa-ing. Being pregnant does not hold me from continuing beribadah, right? But lets see how long I can stand berpuasa. Hopefully till the final day of Ramadan-lah!

Ahh on the happy note, we've bought flight tickets to Alor Star for Raya. Big yeay!

Ok now, back to work. Selamat berpuasa kawan-kawan.

No comments: