Saturday, December 21, 2013

Canon M

Couple of weeks ago, I had to become a mystery shopper for one of my client. The task was to pretend to be someone who has interest in purchasing a DSLR camera and we have to snap photos of the complete set of the DSLR camera that we were looking for. 

There were 4 of us - 2 from my side and 2 from the creative agency side. During the first day of being the so-called-unprofessional-mystery-shoppers, we covered Fahrenheit, Lot 10, Sungai Wang and Low Yat Plaza. Yes, we covered all floors of the mentioned malls that sell DSLR cameras. 

The main objective of this task is to track the selling bar code for each of the product. This has something to do with the local sales which is hard for me to explain in a written form. Tapi to cut things short, while being the mystery shopper, saya sudah terjatuh cinta with one of the camera that I saw while completing the task.

Though it was tiring but I learned a lot about DSLR cameras. Macam-macam jenis and fungsi each model represents and one of them yang telah terjatuh cinta dengan is the Canon M series.


They have it in 4 different colors for Malaysia market - red, black, grey and white. While I was at one of the camera shop in Low Yat, they gave me the complete set of Canon M in white and I fell in love with it at the first sight. 

Canon M is labelled as a mini DSLR as it comes in a size of a compact camera but having a DSLR function. Unlike the normal DSLR cameras where lenses can be shared, this camera can only use its own lenses. More exclusivity in that sense.



The downside of this camera is that its performances - not as good as the normal DSLR. Hence why they only have roughly about 3-4 sets per shop, limited addition. Canon most probably will not be producing another model of this type due to the low performances. But hey, this is for my personal use and not for photography business. With the size that it has, I can easily carry it whenever I go and put it inside my huge bag.

Kalau dah suka nak kata apa lagi kan?

So, I make my proposal to the husband and ................ he approves it. Yeay!!!!

Not sure when will I can finally get it but according to him, by January 2014, insya Allah. Amin. Oh, I'm so looking forward to this. Really!

No comments: