Thursday, December 26, 2013

Oh! Malaysiaku

I'm sure everyone knows by now that there'll be an increase on toll rates effective 1st January 2014 for most of the inter-linked KL highways. Increment is ranging from RM0.50 to RM2. It's good that the government pre-empted us before they really implement the new rates. However, the rates that were reported earlier were slightly lower than the official ones. I guess, re-evaluating the rates have caused more increment. Rakyat Malaysia kan kaya raya.

Anyways, nothing's new right? We were expecting more things to increase in 2014 aren't we?



I'm not sure if this is the official rates applying for the respective highways but if this is it, I guess, makan pasir lah jawabnya. 

I have to spare RM12 daily for my toll expenses for 2014 which is 50% higher than my current expenses. This is madness. Tapi tak apa, rakyat Malaysia kan kaya raya!

Highways were made to help the rakyat to spend less hours on the road and to avoid traffic jams. Hence why the rakyat do not mind paying a little bit extra on toll. However, with the crazy toll increment won't do the purpose anymore. How is it helping the rakyat if we were to pay super extra in order to reach our destinations. And suggesting the rakyat to use alternative road is totally a stupid-uneducated comment made by the ministers. Then why build highways?

Are you expecting us to use Federal Highway or the MRR2? Have you been to this roads during peak hours? Where's you brain mister?

I have to find my own solution. Using alternative road won't solve my problem. I will still need to pay toll even using an alternative road. There is no way I can avoid paying toll going to Damansara. Hence why I decided to get a B2 license next year with or without husband's permission. And to get a super cool pink color scooter.



This shall be my 2014 resolution - B2 license and a pink scooter.

And to my fellow Malaysians, good luck to you. May the force be with us all.

No comments: