Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bucket List #10: Nadayu62 Melawati

Syukur Alhamdulillah, tiada kata yang boleh diucapkan selain kata-kata syukur yang teramat sangat. Rasa macam tak percaya pun ada.

If you have been following this blog (cheh, budget-budget famous gitew), I did mentioned over my previous post (dah tak ingat post yang mana satu) on my Bucket List. Bucket List ni adalah list-list benda that I would like to do/achieve in my life, insya Allah. And one of it is to own a house.

The process of owning/wanting to buy a house is indeed a very lonnnggggg process; from doing the research, do a little bit of survey, to constant checking on your savings account.

Research isn't just about googling the new development area but it involves going to the actual development place. I think I did mentioned that my radius of property has to be within my parents house area which means it can't go any further than Melawati, Ampang, Wangsa Maju and Keramat area. Contohnya, Shah Alam and Damansara are currently developing new housing areas. Putrajaya/Cyberjaya is too but these are the kind of locations that I will receive a straight "No" face from my parents even before mentioning it to them.

You may wonder, why I have to be very concern over my parents' decision. You may think that they are the ones who will be paying for the house right? Well, firstly, no, they are not paying for it. Not a single scents. And secondly, I have a kid and maybe I'll have more in the future and that I need someone that I can trust to be there at least to monitor the maid/nanny if I leave the house (read: you do know that I am currently staying with my parents right?). Sending my kids to the nursery is not an option. The world is dangerous. You can't trust no one except for your own family. 

Unless, Izwan can convince her mother to come and stay with us in KL and look after Iman. Hah! memang tidak mungkin itu akan berlaku.

So anyway, back to my property story. 

After almost a year of searching, fighting with Izwan, convincing my parents that I REALLY need to get a house of my own and convincing myself that I have sufficient money to pay for the instalment; I can proudly announce that we have officially bought our first property together. Yes, it's a joint-buy. Apa guna ada suami kalau tak mau berkongsi rumah bukan?


Nadayu62 Melawati - our first property together, Alhamdulillah


The house is scheduled to ready in mid-2017. I have ample time to kumpul duit untuk bayar bulan-bulan nanti, lol!

A very small unit (950sqft), fully-furnished and guarded. I don't need a big house as I don't plan to build a big family. Small house is easier to manage since I don't plan to hire a full time maid and it's low density. So taklah rasa macam duduk kat flat?


Ini adalah sangat penting sebab kitchen dia is to die for!! Harap-harap dapatlah serupa ini.

It's a Leasehold property. Well, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not but I know Chinese won't buy this kind of property sebab dia Leasehold (I think).

All this is just a traffic light away from my parents' house sebab tu dorang pon setuju.

To be honest, it's a little bit pricey for a 950sqft unit. But what I'm paying is the location. Only a Melawati-ans will understand the beauty and the safety of Taman Melawati. Others might thing that I'm paying a lot more for a small size unit but like I said, I'm paying for the location. It's 30 minutes away from KL and it is still surrounded by the greens. Hence why the high value.

I'm excited for it but it is still a long way to go till it's completion. Who knows I might turn it into an investment. But for now, syukur Alhamdulillah yang tidak terhingga.

A landed property is stilla dream. One day maybe, insya Allah.

No comments: