Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Child labour: Iman sweeping the floor

Macam boleh kena tangkap je kalau baca post title.

Being sick is no fun, especially when you have 1,001 things to do/accomplish by end of the week because you need to attend your company's teambuilding activities over the weekend.

I have been a very good girl this year that I hardly fall sick. Checking on my medical record, the last medical leave I took was some time last February due to my never-ending sinus sickness. I have been taking my vitamins religiously and Alhamdulillah, kesihatan amatlah memberangsangkan. Penyakit yang tidak dapat di bendung adalah penyakit malas yang tidak dapat disangkal lagi. Hence why most of my annual leaves were the ELs. Oh, oppps!

Anyway, kembali kepada cerita sakit.

I am currently on 6 different medicines just to make sure that the flu, sore-throat and sinus are gone and that, I am fit for the weekend teambuilding. And while being sick, I took a day rest yesterday hoping that the virus will be gone. Lucky me, the best medicine I had yesterday was a very cute spontaneous action by Iman, trying to help out doing house chores. One of it was her attempt in sweeping the floor.



I have never enjoy falling sick but I did enjoyed my day rest yesterday.

And it makes me wonder, how children pick up things that we never really teach them. I don't remember teaching Iman how to sweep the floor. She spontaneously went to the kitchen, took the broom and started sweeping the floor. But, high possibility that she thinks the broom is a mop as her sweeping method looks like mopping.

She surprises me with her new discovery every day and it makes me a proud mum. She has not yet mastered with her vocab, but physically, she has done more than most kids her age. She enjoys jumping, she knows how to wipe the table (bertuahnya Ibu), she loves playing hide and seek (which is super tiring), she enjoys drawing (more towards conteng-conteng), she has mastered her ABCs and 123s cuma tak master Alif, Ba, Ta je lagi - still work in progress. Syukur, Alhamdulillah.

And that officially make me a proud mum!

No comments: