Monday, June 7, 2010

What a small world we're living in

If you look around, you'll see familiar faces surrounding you. One that you'll meet across the road everyday, one that you'll bump into every morning and the one that you'll get to meet every once in awhile. Over times, you'll realize how small the world really is. It's sure to be in a round shape or oval for any of that matter but if you look closely, you're actually living in the exact same circle.

It's just so happen that the person you met is actually you're mother's long lost cousin's son. The person who always stand next to you while waiting for the train is actually your ex-roommate's sister. You colleague is your senior back then in college. And a whole lot more.

Over the years, I've experienced the same kind of situations. Few that I can remember:-
  • My auntie is actually marrying a neighbour of mine whom we have no idea off till the day they got engaged.
  • A person who is in charge of servicing my company for Media Prima is my cousin. I only knew about this when he came over to introduce us his new colleague.
  • I once introduced Izwan to a friend and they became close friends ever since. But it so happened that the friend is actually his long distance cousin whom he got to know when he was warded from an accident.
  • I went to the same college as Izwan but only knew about it when we were in Uni. He was friends with the same crowd as I am but we never bumped into each other then. (itu jodoh namanya)
  • My best friend and I were talking about this one particular person that is so happen to be my colleague's best friend.
  • My Orthopedist is actually my neighbour. We were shocked to see each other the other day.
I can just list down few more hundreds of examples on this but I better stop now. I believe you get the picture don't you.

Don't be surprise that maybe, just maybe, you and I, we could be related somehow.

So tell me, how small your world is?

No comments: