Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A year has passed

And what have I achieved so far?

Yesterday marked my first anniversary with SAA. A year has passed and I am still here, standing! A lot had happened. Some were good and some were not so good. But I'm still learning. Learning to be good and fit well in the industry.

One thing that I learned is that working with an agency makes you a stronger person. It helps you to take things on the hardest way. You learn to suck everything that is served for you. It teaches you how to make up decisions, how to deal with situations and most importantly, it makes you think creatively.

Working with an agency requires stability especially when it comes to emotion. You'll experience depression, heartache, hatred and sometimes, it can drag you to hating your own self. The fun word only appears when your company wins the pitch. Oftenly, you'll feel neglected or unappreciated. People will keep on fighting for their own individual recognition. You got the blame for things that you did not commit. Being a punching bag is what you oftenly experienced. But without these, one could never fit well in the industry.

I've cried, almost wanted to tender my resignation, oftenly felt stupid and was once felt like burning down the company. But all these have brought me to where I am today and I'm grateful for that. Grateful for given the opportunity to serve with SpencerAzizul Advertising. One of the top local advertising agency.

But one thing that I learned throughout this whole one year of experience, is becoming more ignorant; towards my superior! And that is a hell of an achievement.

No comments: