Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday what?!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb


I never really like the song that much. It was merely just a sing-along song for me. I never really paying much attention to the lyric. It seems to be like a typical-waking-up-from-every-downfall wordings. Plus, it came from a girl who is about to leave her "virtual" kids life and reaching the wonderful years of becoming a teenager.

But the perception changed this morning.

I got the chance to understand the meaning of the lyric while waiting for the bus this morning. It got me through it and somehow I felt related to the song. The chorus part that is and I have to admit that the words describe perfectly as what it is.

It is not the matter of how fast you reach your goals or how successful you've become. It is the matter of how hard you work for it; in reaching your goals, in becoming as successful as you are now. The hardwork that counts. For every sweats that you've wiped, for every crossroads you've passed and for every consequences you've overcome. Well that matters!

I've seen people who are eagerly in filting their bank account with big numbers, driving big cars, talking big businesses. Pendek kata mereka yang mahu cepat kaya. Semua nya cepat-cepat belaka. Instant rich policy. Pick a program, try to persuade few followers and tada you're earning RM XXK a month. But hunny, you're missing out the fun of appreciating the value of your hardwork. You missed the fun of competing with each other. You definitely won't be appreciating any of your sweats. It's true that you're earning more than you could have imagine. But my dear friend, it means nothing when non of those hardworks were appreciated.

Tidak berjaya tidak bermakna akan gagal selamanya. I believe in hardwork. I believe in patience and I believe in faith. To earn something meaningful is to work hard for it. To earn something big is by deserving it. It applies to all. Life, relationship, career; all.

Take a step backward and think. What you really want in life, an instant rich or appreciation? People will remember you for something that you've worked hard for not the amount of $$$ you've made.

Hitler is remembered for the way he ruled his army not the amount of people he has killed. P.Ramlee is known for his good music not the awards he has collected. Gandhi is remembered for his inspiration in civil rights not the amount of followers.

Hardwork pays. Trust me, it does!

No comments: