Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Which Side Are You On?

There are two types of people living in this world. One are those who we can define as genuinely nice people and the other one are those who are being pretentiously nice to other people. The ones that I'm trying to avoid are the ones in number two. But, how can I actually define them either way?

Someone genuine can actually pretending in being genuine and someone pretentious, well they are definitely pretending. But to differentiate these two little behaviors are somehow rather difficult.

Frankly speaking, I can be a little bit of both and I'm sure you too! This is where judging the book by its cover applies.

Taking my boss as an example. The first few days of signing in with the company, I have been warned by most of the staff to always be patience while handling my boss regardless of anything. Even till today, I'm still been warned to work patiently with my boss. I heard so many things about her. Mainly about her past. How she handles most of her ex-assistant. To come to my suprise, I was the only one who survive her more than 3 months working under her for the fact that I am a Malay (she has issues with Malays don't ask me why). But to me, she is a very nice person. And she is someone whom I labelled as a genuinely nice person. She's fussy; very fussy and strict in term of work ethics. A middle age unmarried lady, what more can you expect. But once you get to know her, she is indeed a very nice lady.

But the problem occures when you have to start dealing with the pretentious people acted super nice in front of you but being a super bitch behind your back. Siap boleh mengata pulak tu. Lumrah, memang lumrah manusia untuk mengata di belakang. Hendak berterus-terang? Bukit Antarabangsa runtuh sekali lagi pun belum tentu berani. But thats human. People who doesn't have the balls to talk right in front of your face. Kalau boleh diputarbelitkan, memang sanggup diputarbelitkan.

Hypocrites to some may call it. But I don't blame them for being hypocrite. Hypocrite is needed in life. One has to be one so that others won't feel offended by their actions, terasa hati, to keep the pride that one has left and etc. But people tend to act overly with hypocrisy. The unforgivable ones.

Sudah lari topic dah ni!

But what I want to say is that, stop being pretentious. I mean, there is nothing wrong with being you. The real you. People will accept you for who you are regardless of anything for any of that matter. There is nothing wrong of being weak. Every once in awhile we need to be weak, we need to be pampered, we need to be loved and that is what family and friends are for. To help you when needed, to be there when you are falling, to guide when you lost your way.

Life is too short to waste it inappropriately. Might use it wisely with the ones who matters.

Cheers!

No comments: