Sunday, October 20, 2013

China House

The highlight of my Saturday visits to Penang, apart from my first experience of giving lecture to 15 Mass Comm students was the activity I had after that with the bunch of funny-entertaining Mass Comm students.

I was picked by two of these super generous-funny-interesting third year students at the airport and they also were the responsible ones to send me back to the airport along with driving my lecturer and I to Penang town for lunch. Yus and Kamal were very nice and helpful and I must say, their hospitality memang tip-top.

I don't even spend a single cent on this trip as everything was covered by my lecturer - from the breakfast upon my arrival to lunch and the coffee session we had after that. Minyak pon di tanggung beb! Rasa bersalah sungguh but anyway, syukur atas pemberianNya.

I had the best breakfast at Sardon having nescafe panas and roti jala. Memang dah lama mengidam and I finally got the chance to visit this very happening place for breakfast during my short visit to Penang. Takda gambar sebab malu lah depan students kan but yea, it was fun!

After the class, we headed to town for lunch - to the original Kapitan restaurant located at the centre of Penang road, which I had their best served Nasi Beriyani Ayam. Gambar tak ada to justify but oh my, I've finally fulfilled my craving.

Penang's Little India

After lunch, we headed straight to this super nice-cozy coffee house which I fall in-love the moment I step my foot at the place.

This is the main entrance of China House
This cafe is located at Victoria Street near the Port Weld entrance. It was build on a old Chinese building, own by a Mat Salleh lady. 

The wall of the cafe

The open-air concept for customers to have their servings right at the middle of the cafe

The walk-away. A cool concept. I love so much!

And what I love so much about this place was the desserts that they served. My goodness. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to taste the cakes as I just had a large bowl of Nasi Beriyani Ayam but I will definitely go back to this cafe and taste all of their cakes again someday.

Table full of cakes 1

Table full of cakes 2

And of course, the taste of their caffe latte was superbly delicious. The coffee taste perfectly good, oh my!!

My Caffe latte

All cakes are between RM10 - RM12 per slice and they serve quite a big slice for the cake. They serve variety of cakes, my goodness, my sliver is literally on the table as I type this and they are all baked freshly by the chef.

This is a must place to visit if you are in Penang. It has the perfect ambience, the perfect servings, a good coffee and they have a Wine room for their customers to enjoy their drinks at the most comfortable way.

I will visit this place again, Insya Allah.

No comments: