Friday, October 11, 2013

Throwback Thursday, eh Friday

Ohh how I miss blogging. I have not being actively blogging for the past 1 month (since the day Semester 3 started actually.) My life has been rolling up and down like a roller coaster rushing for work and assignments. No fun at all. I think I'm loosing myself bit by bit.

Anyway, I am supposed to be on MC today. Wisdom tooth problem. Whatever that means. But, here I am taking this opportunity to write on my precious blog. Chewah!

Very random image appeared in my head yesterday night while driving back from work. The images of my beloved bestfriends and the fun we had during our short weekend gateway to Penang. This was on 2009 and our main objective of the gateway was to attend a friend's wedding.


It was one of the happiest weekend I have had so far. There were only us and us only.

Since we just started our working life, we stayed at Vistana Hotel as Zarina is under the category of Government Servant hence we were entitled for a discounted room price. We jalan-jalan around Penang, had the best time of our life experiencing Penang on our own. Not on our own actually, I stayed in Penang for 7 years remember?! So basically, I was the tour person then.

My point is, I miss being fun and free. Being able to have this short gateway really meant a lot to me. By this, does not mean that having a family of my own does not permit me to still being fun and free. Just that it does not feel the same anymore. 

The fun and free being an adult means being able to coop with the responsibility - being able to feed your children, to give them the love that they need, to be able to make them smile and being able to be the best for your family.

I am not complaining. In fact, I am very much thankful for what I have now. A family to be called my own. I am thankful to have the opportunity to spend it with my friends as well. I'm thankful and lucky to have them in my life. 

Reminiscing the good ol' days reminding me that I shouldn't complain much about life. I am fortunate for being able to experience being fun and free with my family and friends - those who matter the most to me. This is the good life that I should embrace and stop asking for more (ooppsss!).

We are human and we are the greedy type of human. We tend to ask things that we already have. Being ungrateful, that's the word! And I should stop being a greedy person.

Take a step backwards my friend and start reminiscing your good ol' days. And you'll know how good it feels.

Have a nice weekend friends and remember to be thankful all the time.

No comments: