Wednesday, October 14, 2009

And The Story Begins

I took Graphic Communication for degree but ended up being a Media Planner. I decided not to become a graphic designer after I've completed my internship in one of the publishing company. It doesn't seem to impress me much. I don't want to stuck doing the things that I done for the rest of my life. Or maybe because the environment was not to my liking (it must be the place that wasn't impressive enough).



But anyhow, it never really stop me from appreciating art. I still do designing but not like before. My skills are not as good as before. I've forgotten all the shortcuts to photoshop and illustrator. It took me a day or two to complete a simple task compare to just 30 minutes. My sense of creativity in designing wasn't as efficient as before and that I have to admit. I'm totally suck in it now!



I read more advertising books than art booklets. I have more Marketing Communication journals than color paletes. My excel skill is better than photoshop. I am good with numbers now than generating codes from Flash or Dreamweaver. I am using Microsoft instead of OS X. And I feel nothing but happy with everything that I'm doing now.



But yesterday was totally a different kind of story. One of the designers was on MC (he MC-ed on purpose actually) and none of the remaining designers knew how to submit the press material thru the server. Well, I blame them for not having the initiative in learning. So, I had to do them. I took the trouble to learn from the datamation people thru phone to complete the submission process from the DTP room. Pendek cerita, I was at the DTP room whole evening.



I saw designers rushing for dateline. I saw them (the designers) creating logos for clients (they were actually competing with each other). I saw them struggling for ideas. I saw them got scolded by the CD for creating irrelevent ideas. And I'm actually missing all the fun! The fun of being a designer; creating designs.


But then again, you got to do what you have to do! And I am not complaining.

1 comment:

juwitajalil said...

haha. well you miss it coz it looks all fun and chaotic. but not the workload. the pressure and all. been there done that. same goes to you.