Sunday, August 1, 2010

For that very 30 minutes

A conversation I had with Za while we were on our way back from attending a wedding was pretty interesting but sadly, in reality, those are the things that one couldn't insist on not doing.

A wedding day!

I myself is preparing for my own wedding day. Honestly speaking, the parents have been doing the planning since the day I got engaged which was 5 months ago. That shorten my countdown to 4 months before the wedding day.

The question is, how long does it takes for a guest to spend in attending a wedding? I mean, the time they spend during the event. Makan-makan, jumpa tetamu sikit, jumpa pengantin sekajap, tangkap gambar sana-sini. Semau lah!

The last wedding I attended took me only 30 minutes. Roughly, it took nothing exited 2 hours unless if it's a wedding of a close family/ friend's. But we're talking the matter on a general prospective, not family/close friend event.

One took at least a year to plan his/her wedding. Lots of things to put into consideration especially when it involves family affairs. Pelamin la, door gifts, baju salin sana-sini, caterer, food testing, wedding venue (ini yang paling penting sekali), guest list, wedding planner and what not. All these need to be well-organized before the wedding day.

Ini semua adalah untuk menyambut tetamu yang datang hanya untuk tidak lebih daripada 2 jam.

If you ask me, how I want my wedding day to be? My answer is to have it at Jabatan agama Islam where the kadi and saksi and wali are all there to do the process, attended by close family and friends, hantaran hanya satu bentuk cincin Bvlgari (kalau lah Izwan mampu kan cincin semahal kereta Vios) dan Quran. Itu sahaja.

But when it involves family affairs, my dream wedding is somehow irrelevant.

Semua kerana untuk menyambut tetamu yang datang tidak lebih daripada 2 jam.

I've discussed about this matter with my mother not too long ago. Her explanation was simple. We can do the wedding event as I dreamed off but how can they (the parents) explain to the rest of the family members when only selected members can attend when both sides actually have a very huge numbers of family members. I can't answer her obviously. Mak juga jawab, kenduri itu adalah niat dia untuk bersedekah. So, I kept my mouth shut and never to argue again.

Different people have different opinion about something. Kalau di buat sekadar ala-kadar dan tidak membazir, itu adalah yang sebetulnya. Tapi, kalau buat dah macam untuk menunjuk-nunjuk, itu sudah lain jadinya. Masing-masing ada interpritasi masing-masing.

I have no say! Renung-renung kan lah.

No comments: