Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ikan bakar Tanjung Harapan, Port Klang, Selangor

And the food isn't that great after all.

Had berbuka puasa with my favorite crowd yesterday. We wanted something different. KL food is getting lamer than ever (eh, wujud ke perkataan "lamer" tuh? oh whatevs). Faiz recommended Umbai which is totally a no-no. Driving down Melaka just to berbuka is totally waste of time and money. Pergi lapar, balik pon lapar plus it's not practical to do so during Ramadan. Will do it some other time maybe, when money and time grants all!

We had seafood at Port Klang instead. Since none of us knows exactly the nicest spot/restaurant that serves good food, we opted for the well-known one. Ikan bakar Tanjung Harapan. Looking at the crowd, the restaurant must be serving good food. The fishes looked fresh as well as the sotong and ketam. We picked our food; sotong for sotong tepung, ketam masak pedas, ikan siakap stim asam and ikan pari bakar. There were tomyam ayam and kangkung belacan to add in to our menu. We sat at the far end of the restaurant. The nicest spot of all; got the chance to see kapal berlayar-layar. Super nice scenary.

Plus the restaurant has a Surau which makes it more convenient for us to have our Asar and Maghrib. Oh, didn't I told you that we arrived at 5.30pm. And that makes us officially "kemaruk makanan".

The food were served about half and hour before berbuka. It looks ok till our tomyam arrives. Serupa tomyam air bawang. They served us the wrong menu. We did not get our ikan siakap stim but were given a wrong fish instead. Kerana sikap keras kepala masing-masing, we finally got out ikan stim. Rasa tidaklah seperti yang diharapkan.

If I were to list down the taste of the food, rasanya sampai esok pun tidak habis. Makanan dah hadam, dah keluar pun and there's nothing much to complain anymore. It's going to be my first and last time going to the restaurant. If you're looking for a place to have seafood, please cancel Tanjung Harapan from your list.

At that very moment, during berbuka, while tasting the food, it got me thinking. After I'm married and officially becoming a wife to my husband, I promise myself to cook for him, the husband-lah officially. Coz the tomyam tasted like air masak tertumpah which honestly speaking, my kind of tomyam is way nicer than what has been served to us. To make sotong tempung, tutup mata pon boleh. All I need to do is just to polish up my cooking skill and to learn how to cook kari and masak kurma dengan lebih hebatnya lagi.

To make a husband happy is by making his tummy happy. Although my cooking skill is not as good as my mother's or his, but I will try. Lama-lama pasti skill itu akan lebih baik bukan? Kalau hidang makanan yang rasa se-tidak-sedap semalam pun orang ramai boleh makan, tak kan lah masakan saya tidak laku?

So yeah, a step of becoming a good wife is to learn how to cook. Kalau nak kuih muih tuh I boleh lah buat. Dah master pun but tak kan nak serve chocolate cake hari-hari kan? Pasta, tutup mata sambil tidur pon boleh buat tapi laki saya tak suka pasta semacam saya suka pasta. Nak tak nak, nasi dan masakan berlauk juga yang harus dihidangkan. So Ajlaa, LEARN NOW before it's too late.

All I need is just a nice kitchen to fit my cooking skill. Can you provide me those? Thank you in advance. I know you know that I'm actually talking to you. *smile*

No comments: