Sunday, December 12, 2010

When it is the time of the month

No, it's not the pay-cheque. That's the other form of when it is the time of the month; that's the happy one my dear friend. But this is the one that can cause so much of headaches especially to the guys whenever their partner is facing such syndrome. Yes, I'm taking about the PMS. What other kind of time of the month can I possibly referring too?! I'm a woman aren't I? And I have a partner who is suffering hard whenever I'm PMS-ing and I can actually see from his eyes that it's torturous. Poor baby but don't blame me for having such syndrome. Kalau tak suka, sorry darling, you won't be having your own generation in the future. So, mana mau?!

Usually a woman will experience such syndrome between 7 to 10 days before menstrual. Ohh, I'm not making up facts ye ladies, it is stated on studies as 80% of women population experience such syndrome. It's our nature for PMS-ing. So don't blame us for acting like one.

The reason I'm writing this is because I've been observing my weird behaviour whenever I'm on that circle of the month and it has been bad, pretty bad actually that Izwan has no choice but to be the victim during this period of time. Poor him. I will talk aggressively as if everything in the world is turning upside down. I will be super sensitive and emotional over things I that see. My psychotic level will automatically increase to an undefined level (super high) and paranoid is my middle name during this period. My suggestion is, do not contact me directly or indirectly unless if it's important. I'll be a psycho bitch that you wish you'd kill.

But once it's over, once the red flag arrive, I'll be switching to the normal me instantly as if there's an auto generated button that works automatically switching the button from being an emotional bitch to the moderate level of psychotic Ajlaa (heh, I'm still a psycho girl in a way but in a nicer way of course).

But according to the [source], it's actually normal to act such way.

Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a combination of emotional, physical, psychological, and mood disturbances that occur after a woman's ovulation and typically ending with the onset of her menstrual flow. The most common mood-related symptoms are irritability, depression, crying, oversensitivity, and mood swings with alternating sadness and anger. The most common physical symptoms are fatigue, bloating, breast tenderness (mastalgia), acne, and appetite changes with food cravings.

A more severe form of PMS, known as premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), also known as late luteal phase dysphoric disorder) occurs in a smaller number of women and leads to significant loss of function because of unusually severe symptoms.

So guys, don't ever question why we are having such syndrome. It's not our fault anyway. It's nature. We are born with such package. You have no choice but to deal with it. After all, it is just a week of your time. We'll turn into our normal behaviour once it's over, we promise. It's not that we are intended to hurt you during that time, it's our nature. It's either you deal with or hmmmm, deal with it. No other options.

So, have fun dealing.

No comments: