Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello 2014

I hope it is still not too late for me to wish everyone a good "Happy New Year". How's your new year celebration? Mine? I had a full 5 days of relax; free from work stress. We went back to my husband's hometown and ya Allah, nikmatnya terasa sangat. For the first time in my life that I was totally worried-free. I switched off my phone. No actually, Maxis 3G line was superbly bad at Kodiang hence I do not receive any emails alert. The weather was good - bright sunny day throughout our 5 days of stay. I feel peace!

This was my everyday view. So peaceful!

The plan was to make a day trip to Langkawi but unfortunately, the weather doesn't permit us. Not that it rains but according to my mother-in-law, the wind was so strong that it's not safe to go there at the moment. Note: Tsunami happened during year end remember? 

So we decided to just stay in and enjoy the view with the strong wind as if we were on a beach holiday.

Anyway, looking back at 2013, there were a lot of things happened on that year. It wasn't a good year for me. 2013 was a year where I broke down, demotivated, lost at some point, hated myself at some point, being impatient and in short, I wasn't being myself most of the time. I allowed myself to be controlled by my emotions. I'm back to becoming a stubborn me. To summarize, I hated myself in 2013.

However, it wasn't all bad throughout the 365 days. It has it good days too. I managed to traveled to few places - Sydney and Bangkok. Got promoted (biggest achievement, Alhamdulillah). Started to pay my PTPTN loan again after 2 years of not paying them and started to put in money in my ASB account (again!). These two activities happened in quarter 4 of 2013 (LOL). That's all! See, I didn't do much in 2013. I was busy being emotional.

So in 2014, I have set few goals that I hope to achieve. I don't normally set any new year resolutions but these are the things that I wish to accomplish by year end.

  1. I hope I can finally settle down with a house. I've been doing some survey and I have set few potential locations but somehow, I am not confident enough to sign the paper. Research is still in progress so, we'll see how.
  2. To continue saving - means I have to put in money in my ASB account every single month. Biar pon sikit janji ada. I believe in "sikit-sikit, lama-lama jadi bukit". The aim is not to collect RM10K by year end but instead to create the saving habit in me. 
  3. To finally complete with my Masters so that I can graduate in 2015 (estimated graduation month: March 2015, Insya Allah)
  4. To spend more quality time with my lil muchkin which was lacking in 2013. Poor girl! I'll make it up to you girl, I promise!
  5. Most importantly, I want to be close to my Creator the Almighty. I have been neglecting my responsibility as a Muslimin and I hope this year, that area can be improved which leads me to being more patience, strengthen my faith, more rational in thinking and Sabar!
  6. And finally, to spend more quality time with my family - both sides. Mak mertua dah complain balik Kedah jarang-jarang. So 2014, insya Allah, kerap balik.
These are all achievable. Tak susah pon. All it needs is consistency. Insya Allah, I can do this.

I hope 2014 will be a good year for everyone despite the increasing cost of living. Happy new year my friends. Enjoy the coming 362 days of 2014.

No comments: