Monday, January 6, 2014

MH: Malaysian Hospitality

As written clearly on the title, this is going to be one biased article on Malaysian Airlines. No, I was not paid to write this article nor I was hired to do so. This is solely based on my past experiences boarding on both MAS and Air Asia and totally on my personal point of view.

Yes, no doubt Air Asia is THE No. 1 Low Cost Carrier airline in the world but to be honest, their services are still not THE No. 1 just yet. No doubt that within 10 years, they have grown so much; expending their destinations to more than 50 routes (and I think, they are more than that), liked by most people and I totally agreed with what they stand for - "Now Everyone Can Fly" which is a huge success especially for Malaysia Airline industry. They created positive competitions not just to MAS but to other full service airlines as well as the low cost ones. They are very competitive. They know their market well - They know Malaysia market very well hence the tremendous growth. However, the low cost title leads them on having the low cost services.

I'm not a frequent traveler. But I can be considered as their every year passenger for both of the airlines. I check on their fares every now and then. I'll definitely purchase their tickets if I find it attractive. You know lah, Malaysian travelers really opt for cheap fares and I'm one of them. Raya is my favourite time to purchase air tickets because we go back to Kedah with it but I have to say, my priority is always on MAS. I don't mind paying a little bit extra just to fly with them. 

I've traveled on long haul with both airlines before and because of that, my loyalty for MAS increases. If you opt for comfort, well MAS has it. In fact, they have it all especially when you have to travel together with your children. Due to the bad experience I had recently traveling to Sydney with Air Asia, it made me not want to travel with them anymore. I guess my expectation for them was very high and I was expecting an A class services from them else why THE No. 1 title? Unfortunately, it wasn't as expected. Very disappointing.

I'm actually not sure where this post leads but my point is, looking at the recent report on MAS, I really hope that they can improve especially on their services. People have been making bad remarks on them especially on how their crews have been treating the guests. They should be carrying the good name of Malaysia because they are the first brand that foreign travelers seen on Malaysia. And the report on MAS not making money doesn't make sense at all. Never have I seen an empty flight on local or international destinations and how can they not making money? They really have to improve that area though!

Dah merepek dah ni but as a loyal MAS traveler, I have so much faith in you and I really wish that you can serve us better.

With this doesn't mean that I will not travel with Air Asia. I will somehow ...... will. MAS don't have flights to Krabi, no? And I don't totally don't like Air Asia. I hope with the launch of KLIA 2 will somehow improve Air Asia's services. They have the potential to grow and their services have to grow too. The trust is not there yet - for me that is!

This is solely based on my experiences and my personal point on view. Apology if it offended you my dear readers. We have our own preferral on certain brands/products and I can say that MAS is my preferred brand. You may have different opinion towards this but this is mine.

Have a nice week a head.

No comments: