Sunday, January 12, 2014

Melur & Thyme, KLCC

In-conjunction of celebrating our final exam paper for this semester, we decided to have lunch at Melur & Thyme, KLCC yesterday. This was also a farewell lunch celebration for Iru as yesterday marked her second last day here in Malaysia. She has been one consistent friend I have had throughout the past 3 semesters. She has been persistently in making sure that we did well for all of our assignments. I owe her big time!! She will definitely be missed!

I am definitely make a visit to Maldives, Insya Allah!

So anyway, back to Melur & Thyme. This was actually my first time dining at the restaurant. I have been wanting to eat there for the longest time. It has a very interesting interior and they serve fusion food - East meets West kinda of food.



Overall, I give 3.5 for creativity but the food ..... 2.5 out of 5. Definitely not recommending this to you people unless if you desperately need to eat fusion food.

For those who love duck or lamp, well they have variety of selection from satay to Grilled lamb. Iru have Duck Satay (small size). She likes it though (because she loves duck)


They serve it with buns too. I guess it's the East meets West kinda thing - Satay and the buns.

Mine was the Grilled Herb Chicken. The chicken tastes so-so, a bit dry and hard. But I kind of like the sauce though!


Jojo ordered a baby crab that comes together with a plate of white rice. As what it is called, a baby crab, the crab really is in a baby sized crab. 


At very restaurants that I go, desserts have always been the food that I'm looking forward to. And as for Melur & Thyme, I was looking forward for the Chocolate lava cake, unfortunately, they don't serve it yesterday. So I went for the brownies.

Again, I was disappointed that they can't serve the brownie with vanilla ice-cream. They replaced it with chocolate ice-cream instead. Chocolate brownie with chocolate ice-cream doesn't goes well. Muak kot! And the brownie was a bit dry too. 


Jojo ordered the Carrot Cake. According to her, the cake was a bit dry and she doesn't like it.



Overall, the food is just so-so. Hence, no recommendation for this. But if you insist on having to dine at Melur & Thyme, they are at the Ground Floor (same floor and row as Maxis), opposite Harrods cafe and located next to the exit where pick-up & drop off area (Isetan entrance).

No comments: