Saturday, January 25, 2014

My 1st property hunting: Seville @ Melawati

Early this year, I have set myself my own 2014 KPI. There is only 1 KPI that I hope to achieve by year end - to have my own property for investment or for my own stay. Turning 29 this year, I believe it is the right time for me to move on having a place that I can call my own and for the fact that I had a huge fight with my dad that I decided to leave the house. 

I have been religiously looking for potential housing development especially within Taman Melawati radar. This is for an obvious reason - Iman. Having a stay-in maid is not my option neither to sending her to a nursery. Hence, having a place within Taman Melawati area allows me to send her to my parent's house just to look out for her while I'm away to work.

My priority is of course a landed property. It has been my dream to have a landed house where I can do my own gardening and to make it as cosy as possible. Tetapi, looking at how the economy has transformed, I don't think I can ever afford any landed property. They are all within the range of RM1 Million and above and of course these are all located within Taman Melawati radar. Unless, if I don't mind staying very far away like Shah Alam or Rawang area. Hence, I have open-up my searching to Condominium units.

There is a new developed Condominium located at Taman Melawati (near Azwan Ali's house if you know) which is called Seville @ Melawati. I gatal-gatal registered myself with one of the property portal for this Condo. Couple of days later, an agent called asking if I'm interested to check their units which my reply was a "Yes" (tanpa berfikir panjang). We arranged a meet-up date and I went to see the unit during the set date.

It's a 1,007sqf unit with 3 bedroom + 2 bathroom which they are selling for RM500K.


The master bedroom. My angle of photography doesn't do justice. It was actually bigger than this


The most important component - the bathroom


The pool area and look at the view

And I fell in love with the unit immediately. I can already imagine how I want the house to be with the furniture arrangement and whatnot. It was like love at the first sight. The hall area is not that big which is fine for me but the 2 bedrooms are huge. However, the downside to this unit is their kitchen. A bit too small for me. Although, I did not cook that much (more to don't cook at all), but I hope to change that. I would love to cook or to start cooking if we ever move to our own place. 

For me personally, I think the selling price is reasonable. You can't find anything lower than RM500K nowadays and 1,007sqf is an ideal space for a Condo but unfortunately, my husband has his own opinion about it. We decided not to take this unit. Disappointed much! Kecewa big time!

But I guess there's hikmah to it. Tak apalah, tak ada rezeki.

But that doesn't stop me from searching for my dream home. I learned a lot from it. I was told that the selling price for the Condo was between RM300K-RM350K during the planning period. Damn, cheap weyh! But upon completion, the selling price increased by 42% and it will keep on increasing depending on the demand. Melampau tinggi harganya!

With this information leads me to registering myself to all of the new development sites although they are still within the planning stages. Nanti lepas tu baru kita check the type of houses they are selling and the selling price. 

I hope to achieve my KPI by year end, Insya Allah. If anyone of you know any new housing development, please do not hesitate to inform me. In fact, I'm currently handling a new property client tapi kat Cyberjaya. The housing plan is also in Cyberjaya. Driving to Cyberjaya took me 2 hours. Kalau tinggal Cyberjaya lepas tu kerja kat Damansara bazir minyak and toll. I spent RM10 on toll and minyak tank habis setengah. Rumah murah tapi expenses lain mahal tak guna jugak kan?! Sigh!

No comments: