Monday, January 24, 2011

Broad-not-so-band

First thing first, to all telco providers, could you please upgrade your broadband services to the maximum. It's terrible here in the city of Alor Star even Streamyx got disconnected quite frequently. There's no need of huuhaa-ing on your good services or hanging your broadband devices' adds on every possible street lights if your signal is on a negative level. It's too slow even a rabbit can walk faster than the speed of a broadband. It should be called slowband instead. Urgh!

Secondly, Alhamdulillah, I survived two weeks of wedding fiesta and I swear to god, if anything bad happens to my marriage (minta simpang malaikat 44), I would never want to marry again. This shall be the first and the last wedding that I'm ever going to participate. Buruh kasar toreh getah pun tak sepenat ini. But all in all, I'm happy that everything went as planned. After months of preparing, we've made it all; we have now become a one big happy family.

Minang campur utagha = rojak!

It's been a week since we were married and the feeling is indescribable. But I'm still adapting. I haven't really done my job as a wife yet. Breakfast was prepared by the in-law ever since we arrived Alor Star. Lunch, well lunch we were busy getting things done. And by the time we reach home, food were already placed at the dinner table prepared by Izwan's grandma. Oh, she's 80 and she loves to cook. She cooks everyday and I eat everything that she cooked. I've been enjoying the company to bits. All I did was *list checking* making sure that my husband has his clothes ready/washed/fold and make sure that the house is clean. Ohh, we clean the house after the kenduri/makan-makan by ourselves; the two of us to make sure that the house is as per before the kenduri. Biggest achievement so far; pengantin basuh kuali, bersih rumah while everyone else were already down snoring.

But one thing that makes the different after we were married was the thing that we did yesterday that really catches the heart. Ever since we were married, we haven't had the chance to perform solat together. It's either Izwan first or I solat later. But yesterday afternoon, we decided to perform Zohor together. I cried silently after the last Salam, praying for the very first time as a wife imam-ed by my husband. And I thank Allah for having me making the right decision on marrying the guy that I've married. I can't describe the feeling that I had but I know that the feeling was pure. And I know that we are going to be fine together, Insyaallah. I had the same happy feeling when we prayed Asar and Maghrib. It was beyond words.

And I understand now why Nabi told his ummah that marriage is part of ibadah.

--------------------------------

This post was supposed to be published yesterday's night but due to the lack of signal, it can only be posted today. Oh! by the way, I'm home! Taman Melawati that is.

Tired!

No comments: