Thursday, January 6, 2011

Poyo bride2be update #8

I guess this will be the last entry on an attempt of becoming a poyo bride-to-be. A week to go and I don't think there'll be anymore post relating to the event after this. And if there is, I don't think I have the time to post about it anyway.

So what have I got so far?

Honestly, I don't know. My only concern was the invitation card which I have successfully delivered; hand delivered and also via Pos Malaysia. Alhamdulillah, Pos Malaysia has done a pretty good job delivering my babies although there have been some delay with the delivering process but Alhamdulillah, even as far as Sarawak has received my card. With so, thank you Pos Malaysia for your service.

Wedding attire - I am deeply in love with my nikah attire. Deeply! It's simple and super nice. Not to brag but it is definitely my favourite. Thanks to my dear cousin for the hard work. I love love my baju nikah. I shall post about it after the event. Kalau post sekarang tak surprise lah. The reception attire; well, the beading is still in progress. I went for the fitting last week and I kinda like it but not at the same level of "like" towards the baju nikah. Maybe because I haven't seen the whole dress yet. Hopefully it will turn out to be as expected. We shall wait and see.

Other than that, well, I totally have no idea. To my surprise, I have yet to feel the excitement. If you ask me how I'm feeling now, I would probably just smile at you. But one thing for sure, I just want this to be done and over with. Enough of the preparation. I'm tired of waiting for the tickling clock.

It's weird to see how malay wedding has turned too nowadays. It's all about everything now. We have lost the actual value of a wedding; the actual purpose of having a wedding. My vote is still goes to the after event which is the marriage, not much on the wedding event. Not on the wedding preparation too. Marriage is what stays forever.

I am currently busy with workloads. Always on the go. I don't even have time to pee. Eh! itu tipu but I spent most of my time at the office. My initial plan was to start my leave two days before the event but I don't think it's fair for the family since mom is closing the shop early. Next Monday will be my last day before the long holiday. And since mom has just created a chaos, I regretted applying for an early leave. I should've applied my leave two days before the event. Baru mengelupor semua orang. I have to clear everything before my leave. It's either stay back for a bit longer (dah lah hari-hari memang balik lambat, di tambah dengan balik lambat kuasa dua) or resume work at home after a long day at the office. I'm picking both. I don't have much options, don't I?!

And that is the reason why I've been avoiding the wedding prep the whole week. I chose not to worry. I chose not to think about it. I chose to do work instead. 8 days of headache and this too shall past.

And this is the end of it. Good night everyone.

No comments: