Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My workplace

I believe I have been posting a lot of stories on how cool and uncool my work is but I have never really posted pictures of my workplace.

Well, my agency decided to do a major renovation to the current office. The initial plan was to move to another new building (together with other agencies under one roof). But I guess the plan is not going to happen anytime soon. Plus putting all agencies under one roof requires the company to rent a whole building approximately a building with at least 12 stories high. So, no-no for that!

Finally, after rounds of getting approval from the management team on the designs and placements, they finally proceed with the renovation during the week of Hari Raya. It only took the construction team 3 days to put everything in place - move our cubicle and replace it with a new one, move our heavy drawer to its place according to the right owner, put in the new floor carpet, place in the new files drawer for on each department and make sure that we get our desktop/laptop ready to be used. Seriously, tabik spring!


This was how my department looks like before the renovation


And this was my old cubicle. Very crowded and bersepah-sepah. Budget rajin lah konon!

We were given 3 days to pack our stuff and to clean our department. The thing that I love the most about my  company is how we always bekerja sama. We managed to get our department clean the day before the construction day. Seriously memang penat gila.

Anyways, they promised that we can get our new renovated office right after Raya and voila!


My new renovated workplace. 


The new renovated department. See, my colleague all Chinese and I am the only Malay but we work with each other very well.

At first I was shocked. Downgrade from a bungalow-sized cubicle to terrace link-sized cubicle. And we were all complaining about not being able to put all our rubbish at our cubicle tapi lama-lama dah okay dah. A bit sempit on size but it's still manageable.

So, that's it!  

No comments: