Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Miscalculated

I thought I could catch the 7.30am bus. I thought of going to work early today to start of a fresh, energetic week and also to skip the heavy traffic. I was getting myself ready as usual. The sky was not as bright as its usual. It was way too clowdy just to keep me warned that heavy rain might be coming.

As I reached the bus station, it was empty and I just realized that I'm about 5 minutes late from the 7.30am bus. Well, there's always the next one. When I'm about to sneeze another smelly smells, the rain started pouring. Heavily. The cars started switching on their car's light, the motocycles started stopping at the same bus station and people started squeezing from each other just to prevent from getting wet. It was raining heavily. So there goes my fresh, energetic day. But the smell from the rain reminded me that there's always something good coming out from every hussles. I stood there shivering and still wondering why isn't the bus here yet.

I saw kids dressed in their school uniform soaked as if they were freshly out from the washing machine, I saw motorcyclists stopped halfway and whined about the rain and I heard people like me who waited for the bus whined about the bus which was still nowhere to be seen. And it's all because of the rain.

It stopped the moment the bus arrived. And I'm now in the office feeling very cold and having goosebumps in my stomach at the same time with the thought of it is still 8.30am when it is clearly now 20 minutes away from 10 in the morning.

No comments: